Baptist Chapel, Capel-y-ffin
The Chapel at Capel-y-ffin dates from the early 1700’s when it was put into use as a place of worship for the inhabitants of Capel-y-ffin as part of the Olchon community. There is a stone tablet on the outside wall dating its first use to 1737, with tombstones present from 1750. At this time the congregation numbered around 40 between Capel-y-ffin and Olchon, with services held alternately in each place.
The congregation has now dwindled but services are still held here twice a year, the main one being the harvest festival.
For more information about services, or to visit the Chapel which is normally locked, contact Denzil Morgan 01873 890 334