Training Courses and Workshops
SPECIAL NOTE RE. CORONAVIRUS : due to the coronavirus pandemic we have cancelled all our gatherings and courses until the end of May. The situation will be kept under review base don government guidelines.
Recent comments from just a few of our “trainees” :
- “I bought this as an 80th birthday present for my father, we had a great day, relaxed and enjoyable. We came away with a couple of spoons each and a spatula and an appreciation of the skills involved. Roy was great teacher and we enjoyed the wide ranging discussions over lunch. Also the setting is wonderful and added to the relaxed atmosphere, carving wood in a clearing in a woods, what more can you want!. Thanks to all involved.” (September 2019)
- “It was one of the best course I have been on. Roy was very knowledgeable when asked a vast array of questions. The wood supplied was fantastic and we managed to make a number of boxes that day. I have since gone on to make a few shakers boxes but nothing compares to the atmosphere provided by the team. Thank you for a great day” (August 2019)
- “Great course and teaching from Isis. I can’t believe the beautiful chairs my daughter and I came home with!
Thanks so much” (June 2019)
- “Please thank Isis so much and book me on the next available course, I loved it and want to build my second chair. Such an amazing weekend, life-changing! Let’s go again ?” (June 2019)
- Spoon carving (1 day) – Course runs regularly,on demand. Please enquire
- 11th July
- Stick Chair Making (2 days) – course dates
- 4th & 5th April
- 18th & 19th April
- 2nd & 3rd May
- 16th & 17th May
- 30th & 31st May
- Bowl Carving (1 Day) – course dates
- 28th March
- 25th April
- 24th May
- Basket Weaving – course dates
- (1/2 day) Willow Tension Tray 23rd May
- (2 day) Round Shopping Basket 6th & 7th June
- (1 day) Catalan Basket 4th July
- Pig Bench (1 day) – 14th June
- Shaker Box making (1 day) – course runs regularly on demand. Please enquire
- 13th June
- 20th June
- Riven Ash hurdles (1 Day) – dates tbc
- Shave Horse (1-2 days) – dates to follow. Please enquire.
All courses take place in the delightful setting of a local woodland.
Price = £75 per day (includes tea, coffee and all materials)
Telephone / email Andrea to book your place : email@example.com