Tabernacle Chapel Grwyne Fawr
Built in 1837, the Baptist Chapel serves the community of Gwryne Fawr and Fforest Coalpit. It is situated beside the river at the lower end of the Grwyne Fawr valley and has a manse attached although this has not been occupied for many years. The Chapel and manse are both listed as being a relatively unaltered example of a Baptist Chapel of its time.
With a strong congregation there were weekly services until recent years. Now the Chapel still has at least one service a month during the winter (usually the last Sunday of the month, although this does vary) and more through the summer. There is also a regular Sankey Evening to celebrate the hymns and songs of Ira D. Sankey.
For further details of services, or to visit the Chapel contact Mrs Walker 01873 890 665